Sunday 1 October 2017

Shoreside {October's Counterfeit Kit Reveal}

Hello Counterfeiters! It's October (what?!) and that means that it's time for a new Counterfeit Kit Reveal and, this month, our inspiration 'kit' is the St. Tropez Collection from Prima! It's a beautiful collection, but it needed a little 'clean and modern' tweak to make it work for me!



I loved the nautical elements of the St Tropez Collection and wanted to include as much as I could of what I loved, but more 'me'. So, I had to include some red! With that in mind, I chose to include both some traditional red stripe and some florals that included a little red. I also included a lot of little red accents in the embellishments (labels, buttons, sequins and envelopes!) 

I have very little navy left in my stash (I must rectify this immediately!) so included some softer blue tones and some neutrals to round out my selection. I love the sea birds. I can imagine them swirling around over head!


Embellishment wise, I've included some label stickers from French brand 'Karine', some die-cuts from Elle's Studio and an envelope from Teresa Collins. Then I raided some of the leftovers from my Inspiration Creation kits for suitable 'French elements' and found a little laser cut 'Ete' (meaning summer) that I haven't had chance to use. 


No kit for me is finished until I've included a little selection of embellishments, and it seems that Prima would concur, as the St Tropez Collection includes some amazing embellishments! I've tried to include a selection that would be worthy, but with a modern twist that works well with my own kit. It includes some nautical elements - seashell buttons, little anchors and lots of blues - as well as some of the charms, beads and flowers that are typical in a Prima collection.


I'm really looking forward to working with this collection over the next month - I have some ideas already! In the meantime, I'm settling down with a cuppa while I visit the The Counterfeit Kit Challenge for all of the details of this month's kit inspiration; an introduction to this month's Guest Designer, the wonderful, Kate Blue; and, of course, the rest of this month's kits from The Master Forgers!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful choice of papers and embeliishments. I love how you've added the redish elements to make your own touch of the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty kit, Clair! I particularly love your detail shots of the sequins and other embellishments. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cest beau! Can you share a link to the French supplier? Would like to window shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty, of course, I'm partial to red also. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those sea birds too and love that you took it in a softer tone

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured the essence of our kit in your own way. Love the red touches and those delicate papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kit is beautiful. Very you. But still very much inspired by the original. Love you little pots of tiny bits. I need to start this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kit! Very serene and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you took the inspiration and transformed it into a kit that's very "you"! As always, I especially love the little details you added like the seashell buttons and the delicate wood veneer.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x